ADMISSION TO WESTMEAD PRIVATE HOSPITAL
CALL (02) 8837 9000 if you have any questions regarding your admission to Westmead Private Hospital.
• Westmead Private Hospital will inform patient admission time & confirm fasting instruction between 3:30pm – 7pm 1 working day before procedure date. If your procedure is on a Monday, you will be informed on a Friday before your procedure.
• If you have not heard from hospital between above time, please call Westmead Private Hospital (02) 8837 9000 for admission time.
• If you require an escort to drop off on day of procedure, please arrange an escort in advanced to avoid being late for admission and surgery.
FASTING INSTRUCTION FOR COLONOSCOPY AND SOME COLORECTAL PROCEDURES
• Colonoscopy procedure and some colorectal (bowel) surgeries require “PICOPREP bowel preparation”. Patient will be given a bowel preparation instruction sheet on day of your appointment with doctor.
• You are required to take a day off to do bowel preparation. Bowel preparation should start on the day before procedure.
• Importance of good bowel preparation: Cleansing the colon (also called: bowel preparation) properly allows the doctor to clearly see the lining of the bowel thoroughly and examine the colon. If the bowel is not completely clean and empty the procedure may need to be postponed or repeated. Potential complications may also occur or potential cancer lesions could be missed.